A water leak can run up your utility bill, if you think there might be a leaking faucet in your home – you can pay a plumber to come out or you can locate the leak your self using your iPhone or iPad. The Drip Detective app can show you exactly how much water is leaking and how much the leak is costing you. Drip Detective was designed to make it easy to determine your water costs whether your leak is a slow drip, or a constantly running stream of water.
The app includes:
- Tap Screen (best for measuring slow leaks) – Simply tap the screen each time a drip falls from your faucet. After just a couple taps, Drip Detective determines the average drip rate.
- Measure Volume Screen (best for measuring fast leaks) – Select any of the volumes listed (i.e., teaspoon, tablespoon, pint, … gallon, or metric volumes), place the selected container underneath the leaking faucet and time how long it takes to fill the container.
- Supports both Metric and American volumes.
- Calculates the amount of water wasted each day, week, month and year.
- Calculates the cost of your water leak each day, week, month and year.
Download the Drip Detective at the iTunes store today!