Benefits of a Built-In Tub
- Maximizes space in a compact bathroom and gives you some space on the tub decking for bath products or ornamental accessories.
- Can be combined easily with a wall-mounted shower.
- More economical than a freestanding bathtub because sides can be left unfinished without skirting.
- Design of custom enclosure is unlimited, offering a great way to integrate with other cabinetry or tiling.
- Often has lower sides than a freestanding tub, so it can be easier to get in and out.
Benefits of a Freestanding Tub
- A statement piece that will be the focal point of your modern bathroom.
- Available in many materials and styles.
- Flexible in terms of where you can place the soaking tub because it’s fully finished on all sides.
- Accessible on all sides, making it easy to clean in and around.
- Offers more of a contemporary design compared to a built in tub..