Water. To date it is the best terrain for the body to reach full functionality of your body regardless of the injury or ailment you may be suffering from. Submerging in neck-deep custom swimming pools or water tanks reduces your weight by almost 90% allowing for greater motion and flexibility than that compared to dry land. The combination of the warmth of the water and its massaging effects allow muscles to relax while helping to reduce pain and drop blood pressure. Buoyancy in the water allows the patient to reduce compression on their joints and spine and allows for the strengthening of muscles without the pain that many experience with exercises much easier to perform than on land. Aquatic therapies can be used even if a patient does not know how to swim as the swimmer is typcially in shallow waters.
Here are just a few of the benefits you will get from aquatic therapy.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Warm water and buoyancy results in decreased pain.
- Water provides excellent resistance for strength training.
- Warm water stimulates stability, and relaxes muscles.
- The reduction of weight in the pool allows the patient to participate in strengthening exercises without damaging healing structures.
- Warm water helps with muscle relaxation and increases blood circulation
Water therapy exercise is especially helpful in cases where a land-based exercise program is not possible due to the intensity of pain, decreased bone density, disability or other factors. As such, water therapy is a versatile exercise and is particularly good for people with conditions such as:
- Advanced osteoporosis (with susceptibility to and/or pain from fracture)
- Muscle strain or tears
Download Diamond Spas brochure and see how you can have your own aquatic therapy in the convienience of your own home.