Just as water features are designed to have varied effects, such as invigorating or calming, chromatherapy, or the use of color and light for healing, is also a design technique that helps create different moods. Chromatherapy is offered at some of the world’s most exclusive resorts and spas, such as the Roman-style spa at The Grand Hotel Santa Domitilla, but you can experience the power of colored light in your own home with the advances in LED lighting and pool and spa design.
Color, of course, is the foundation of chromatherapy, so if you want to give it a try, check out how ancient Egyptians and Chinese practioners used color to create certain moods or feelings;
- Red was used to stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation.
- Yellow was thought to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.
- Orange was used to heal the lungs and to increase energy levels.
- Blue was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.
- Indigo shades were thought to alleviate skin problems.
Contact Diamond Spas to create a custom pool or spa that includes chromatherapy lighting.